What Does the Bible Say About ______?
What Does God’s Word Say about Baptism and the Lord’s Supper?
The MOTIVE for Baptism
- By the EXAMPLE of Christ
- By the ENCOURAGEMENT of New Testament believers
- By the EXPLANATION of Scripture
The METHOD of Baptism
- Baptiso- The word most accurately translated means to IMMERSE
The MEANING of Baptism
- Baptism is a PUBLIC declaration of faith
- Baptism is a perfect ILLUSTRATION of what Christ has done
- Baptism is a personal IDENTIFICATION with Christ
The MOMENT of Baptism
- God’s Word teaches that we should be baptized as soon a s possible after we place our faith in Jesus Christ
- Should always follow salvation
THE LORD’S SUPPER
Why do Christians celebrate the Lord’s Supper?
- In OBEDIENCE to Christ’s command
What is the MEANING of the Lord’s Supper?
- The central focus of His DEATH
- The PURPOSE of His death
- The need to embrace His death PERSONALLY
Who should PARTICIPATE in the Lord’s Supper?
- Those who have placed their FAITH in Jesus Christ
HOW should we participate in the Lord’s Supper?
- After careful self-EXAMINATION