Journey with Jesus
Called to Sow Seed
Parable- an extended metaphor comparing a SPIRITUAL truth with something we are familiar with
Soil #1- The PATH
- The fault is no in the seed, the fault is not in the sower
- The fault is a had, calloused HEART
Soil #2- The ROCKY Ground
- These people hear the Word of God with joy, but give up as soon as DIFFICULTIES come.
Soil #3- The Thorns & WEEDS
- These people hear and initially receive the Word of God, but are quickly consumed by the CARES and WORRIES of this world
- This PRESENT life is more important to them than the life to come and stuff more important that the Savior. Luke 9: 57-62
- The CONCERNS of this world consume them. 1 John 2: 15-17
- The seduction of WEALTH consumes them. Ecclesiastes 5: 10; Matthew 6: 19-24; 1 Timothy 6: 9-10
- There is no genuine SURRENDER to Christ. John 8: 31
Soil #4- GOOD Soil
- Seeds that fall on the good soil produce grain more ABUNDANTLY that the farmer intended.
- These people are GREEDY for the Word of God.
- John 15: 5-8
WHICH SOIL AM I????
AM I SOWING THE SEED OF THE GOSPEL????