Download: It is Well With My Soul
7 Signs of Jesus in the Gospel of John
Five principles to Thrive in the Storms of Life
- He BROUGHT me here… v. 16-17; Matthew 14: 22
- The disciples were in the CENTER of God’s will
- Our security is not in our circumstances or situation. It is in the WILL of God.
- The Bible teaches us that there are two kinds of storms; storms of CORRECTION and storms of PERFECTION
- He is PRAYING for me… v. 17b; Matthew 14: 23
- Jesus is forever PETITIONING God the Father on our behalf.
- He will COME to me… v.17b-19; Matthew 14:24-25
- We can stand firm knowing that Jesus ALWAYS comes to His children in the storms of life.
- Fear and faith cannot COEXIST
- When we walk in fear we cannot experience the DYNAMIC life of faith that God desires for us.
- He will help me GROW …v.20; Matthew 14: 27-31
- Jesus wants all of us to get out of the boat and walk on water – to live a RADICAL faith for Him and His glory
- Peter began to sink because he took his eyes off of JESUS and began to focus on the CIRCUMSTANCES that surrounded him.
- The storms teach us to TRUST Jesus Christ and no one or nothing else.
- He will see me THROUGH
- He CALLED Peter to come to Him and He would LEAD Peter every step of the way
- Jesus is calling each of us to come to Him and FOLLOW Him