Jesus Announces His Death and Resurrection
Journey with Jesus
Jesus is the Son of Man
- Emphasizes His full humanity
- Fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies
Christ Would Die for MANKIND
- Hebrews 2: 17
- Phillipians 2: 5-8 – Man had to die for man
- Luke 22: 19-20
- John 10: 11-21
- Romans 5: 8
- 1 Thessalonians 5: 9-10
- Titus 2: 14
- Jesus would die for our sake, for our BENEFIT, for our good – not His own.
Christ Would Die to BRING Us to God
- 1 Peter 3: 18
- Romans 5: 6-10
- The emphasis is that our relationship with God is out of HARMONY.
- Only through the death of Christ can this ESTRANGED relationship be made right.
Christ Would Die for Our SINS
- Our sin is the problem that needs a SOLUTION
- He bore the PENALTY our sins deserved – death.
Christ Would Die Our DEATH
- Genesis 2: 15-17
- Romans 6: 23
- Death is a PENAL event. It is, ultimately, a punishment.
- SCRIPTURE affirms that Jesus Christ dies our death, the death our sins deserved.
Christ Would RISE From the Dead