God wants us to KNOW Him. God wants us to LOVE Him. God wants us to WORSHIP Him. God wants us to spend ETERNITY with Him in heaven.
The INSPIRATION of scripture–v 7-11
The INVITATION of God–v 12
- The text WARNS us against rejecting known truth
- The text INVITES us to accept truth and surrender in faith to Jesus Christ
The instrument of ENCOURAGEMENT–v 13-14
- Who are you encouraging to SURRENDER in faith to Jesus Christ?
- We need encouragement from others because our hearts are HARD
- SIN is the root of a hard heart
- “Sin will take you farther than you want to go, leave you longer than you want to stay, and cost you more than you want to pay.”–Ravi Zacharias
The issue of UNBELIEF–v 15-19
- Rest is used as a METAPHOR in reference to God’s blessing of safety, security and salvation
- Rest is not a place but a PERSON
If any individual finds themselves separated from God for all of ETERNITY, in a place the Bible calls Hell, it will be the result of their LACK of faith in Jesus Christ–God’s rescue plan for humanity.